Saturday, April 12, 2008

Favorite thing Friday on Saturday

Okay, so I know it's been longer than a week. But I'm going start doing "favorite Fridays" and post a picture of something very important to me. At least. Hopefully this will encourage me to blog other things.
I didn't actually blog this yesterday because I didn't have internet access after I took pictures... Next week I promise I'll plan better.
This week's favorite seemed appropriate because I read on Blue Blog this week that Sockapalooza 5 is in the planning stage!! And what says sockapalooza better than a sock monkey!

This sock monkey was made for me by my grandmother when I was a tiny baby. Between the construction of this monkey and the birth of my brother 5 years later, sock monkey socks became scarce (I remember the drama of no sock monkey socks quite well) so my brother ended up with a blue sock monkey.

I think this sock monkey has weathered 26 years well. Good job sock monkey! Here he is enjoying one of the end of one of the first spring days of the year.


Here is the square I'm working on for the charity blanket. Hello mitered square.
I love mitered squares. This is Knit Picks Shine worsted in "Crocus" and "Wave", both left over from the FT two-toned shrug.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I may have to do sockapalooza this year. When did the socks have to be sent off by last year?