Sunday, March 30, 2008

I'm back...

Well things have been busy since Thanksgiving. My goal was to post here during spring break and continue at least once a week after that.
Some updates are:
1) J squared for whom (in part) this blog was started have opted to stay in Montana, and are expecting their first child (a girl) in August. This of course demands lots of baby-type knitting.
2) I've applied to graduate school at Portland State. But just last night I had a dream that I received a hand-written rejection letter... and a check for $116, so we'll see how that turns out.
3) I have finished a bunch o' knitting. The majority of it is posted on Ravelry (knitonRachel).
4) I learned the basics of hand-dying over Easter weekend from Jodie at strings and yarn. Which was wonderfully fun and fulfilling.
Now on to some knitting!

pattern: The One-Piece Baby Kimono from Mason Dixon.
yarn: Sugar and Cream Twists.
needles: US 6
I added garter stitch at the hem and cuffs because I thought it looked nice. Of course this is for the upcoming August baby.


Hand dyed BFL roving and some Knit Picks Essential sock yarn (red/brown/white) and Knit Picks Swish worsted (orange/white)


Pattern: Rudy Got Sole by Amy Klimt, http://spinalcat.blogspot.com
Yarn: Brown Sheep, sport? sock?, a brownish/gray color
Needles: 2.25mm, two circs
This pair is for the bf. He pretends to be aloof about knitting, but randomly nags about the second getting finished, so I know he is smitten. This only took me about a month to finish (ha!!) because I'm slow... I'm making okay headway on the second.
Speaking of the bf...

Isn't this a handsome young man? Only made more so by the beautiful hat. mmhmm.
(seaman's cap by needle beetle, cascade 220 heathers, size US 7)

1 comment:

Jodie said...

Oooo! I really like the kimono! Note to self; check out Mason Dixon from the library.