Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving

I am thankful for:
1) My family. Not everyone is so lucky to have a immediate family as supportive as mine. My parents and brother are supportive of everything I do, even if they don't agree with it.
2) My friends, most of whom are like family. Even if they are busy and hard to get a hold of, I know my leetle friendies have my back. And even if we spend a year apart, when we are together things pick-up like we just saw each other yesterday. Go friends!!
3) My boyfriend. Even if he is a little poo sometimes and even if we break up tomorrow, he has made the last two and a half years (most of which were kind of crappy) fly by and has made me the happiest I've ever been in my life. I hope that someday he realizes how amazing he is and why I can't help but be smitten.
4) My job(s). One job is finally paying enough to almost make it worth my time and is teaching me how to be patient and leave work at work. The other job is very flexible and full of good people to talk to and be friends with. Plus, work 1 is loaning me this computer!
5) My finances. Are finally working out so I'm not a nervous wreck constantly. I'm still living check to check, but I don't have a gap of three weeks when I'm overdrawn and starving.
6) Having awesome vets that helped me make the decision not to let my little dog suffer too long.
7) Eugene, Oregon. I have lived in other places, but I can definitely say that I grew up in Eugene.
8) My students. They remind me how important it is to stay human and be kind and supportive to each other.
9) My new apartment (or how Rachel got her sanity back). Even if it has only been about 55 degrees in there lately... it is my space and I love it and the cats love it.
10) Knitting. Because it gives me a creative outlet and keeps me calm(er).

No comments: